Welcome – we are so pleased that you have chosen to walk with us on this Pilgrimage even though we are unable to stay together in overnight accommodation. We will arrange informal evening meals together where possible.
- Before starting on your first walk with us please take a lateral flow test the night before the walk and then twice a week. These can be obtained free from a pharmacy or search for ‘order a lateral flow testing kit’ and go to www.gov.uk.
- DO NOT WALK with us if you test positive. You will then need to report your test on gov.uk and go for a PCR test at a testing centre.
- Please follow local rules and wear masks and sanitise hands when visiting eg Churches, Pubs, etc and scan the QR Code if possible on your phone.
- CAR SHARING – The Government advice on car sharing is:
- Use a hand sanitiser before and after a journey.
- Wear a face mask.
- Share with the same small group only.
- Keep the car well ventilated – windows open if possible.
- Sit as far away from each other as possible.
- Clean car surfaces after every journey – especially seat belts and internal/external handles.
- REGISTRATION FORM – Please make sure that you have completed the online registration form at thepilgrims.org.uk even if you are only walking for a day or two.
- WHATSAPP – Join our WhatsApp Group if you are able for ease of communication between us. The sign-up details are in my previous post.
- GPX FILES – these will be posted up very shortly on the page for each day and can be downloaded onto a Smart Phone from the Pilgrim website.
- ARROWS – Walk Leaders/Front Markers will use ORANGE ARROWS if over 10 Pilgrims walking. Arrows will be used only when the walk direction changes. Back Markers will collect any arrows used and ensure nobody gets lost.
- TOWER TOUR Day 1 – Southampton to Hamble – You will need £3.25 cash if you wish to take the Tower Tour at the Royal Victoria Chapel Museum.
- HAMBLE FERRY Day 2 – Hamble to Wickham – You will need £2.50 cash.
- SUPPORT CAR – We have a support car carrying water, drinks and first aid. Please supply your own cup/bottle for filling.
- PRAYER STOPS – Each day we will have three or four Prayer Stops and would like to invite Pilgrims to volunteer to take one of these. These are very informal. Prayer and inspiration sheets will be made available to you. Please see Steven if you are interested.
- SNACKS – It is advised that you take snacks each day as some lunch stops are late and some routes do not have any/many shops or cafes. Please refer to the Route Timings.
- LUNCHES – Many of the Pubs would like to know numbers and would ask that you pre-order. If you are coming to meet us at a Lunch stop please WhatsApp to let us know.
- CELEBRATION LUNCH Day 15 – The Queens Head, Icklesham. The Menu will be posted on WhatsApp the week before – let me know your choices.
- DAILY DAIRY – We have an online Daily Diary where Pilgrims can post photographs and comments. This is especially good for those who cannot be with us this year so that they can follow our progress.
- UNABLE TO WALK ON THE DAY – Registered but unable to join us or delayed – Whatsapp us or we will contact you.
- ….And finally don’t forget those all important items ….sun lotion, hats, wet weather gear – but we do hope the sun will shine on us!
Looking forward to seeing you all.